2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Starting at $29,675 MSRP*
- 2.5-Liter Dynamic Force 4-Cylinder engine with multi-electric motor assist and sealed Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) traction battery (219 combined system net horsepower)
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Up to 41 City / 38 Highway / 40 Combined MPG**
- Available Audio Plus — includes 8-inch touchscreen, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, Amazon Alexa compatibility, and SiriusXM® with 3-month All Access trial
- 60/40 fold-flat rear seating with up to 37.6 cubic feet of cargo capacity
- Optional panoramic sunroof
- Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive
About the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Discover the potential in every day with the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Instantly recognizable from the exterior, the bold and rugged styling proves the RAV4 Hybrid is far from your typical SUV. A stylish spoiler contributes to the RAV4 Hybrid’s sportier appearance, while optional LED projector-beam headlights help shine a light on the possibilities of every trip. Thanks to an improved hybrid-electric powertrain, you can now experience up to 41 MPG in the city**.
Completely refreshed and more upscale than ever before, the interior of the RAV4 Hybrid sets the benchmark for the compact hybrid SUV class. Find your perfect driving position with available SofTex®-trimmed seats featuring 8-way power adjustability for the driver. Now featuring Apple CarPlay®, the RAV4 Hybrid lets you enjoy unparalleled access to your favorite apps and media.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
Although mostly unchanged from last year, there is one exciting new addition to the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid lineup for the 2021 model year. New this year, the RAV4 Hybrid XLE Premium slots into the middle of the model lineup with expanded feature content and value. Otherwise, the RAV4 Hybrid remains a leader among compact hybrid SUVs.
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Features
Equipped with a 2.5-liter Toyota Hybrid System II engine, the RAV4 Hybrid produces an impressive 219 combined system horsepower for the perfect combination of power and efficiency. Giving you all-weather confidence and on-road driving dynamics, its Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive system lets you tread where other hybrid SUVs fear to. XSE Hybrid models come standard with a sport-tuned suspension to help you take on every twist and turn that lies ahead. Riding on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) program, this RAV4 Hybrid delivers a longer, wider stance for superior comfort. Rounding out the list of advantages is a class-leading EPA-estimated 41 city MPG fuel economy rating, helping to make every journey as efficient as possible.
Every time you step inside the RAV4 Hybrid you’ll appreciate the elevated levels of refinement found inside the cabin. Not only do the available SofTex®-trimmed seats feature 8-way power adjustability, they’re also available with heating and ventilation functions to keep you comfortable regardless of the temperature outside. Dual-zone climate control with rear vents lets all passengers choose their temperature preferences. Helping you out when your hands are full, an available hands-free power liftgate opens with a simple swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper. Below the climate controls, you’ll have access to an innovative storage tray and passenger shelf to store all of life’s essentials.
Wherever your adventure takes you, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid lets you stay connected with your social circle. Access the Audio Plus multimedia system via an available 8-inch touchscreen display. Make calls, get directions, send messages, and listen to music all with your compatible smartphone thanks to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto integration. A Toyota-first technology, the RAV4 Hybrid can be optioned with an available digital rearview mirror which lets you see more of what’s behind you. A Qi wireless charger, JBL audio system, and a Smart Key System are three further examples of cutting-edge tech available on the RAV4 Hybrid.
Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0) is designed to make every trip safer. Included in this suite of technologies are Road Sign Assist, Lane Tracing Assist, Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection, and Automatic High Beams. Other optional safety features include Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking and a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. A total of 8 standard airbags and the Toyota Star Safety System™ round out the extensive list of safety features found on the RAV4 Hybrid.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $29,675 MSRP*
- 2.5-liter Toyota Hybrid System II engine with 219 combined system horsepower
- All-Wheel Drive Integrated Management (AIM) with Multi-Information Display Monitor
- Audio — includes 7-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth® wireless technology, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, & Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Fabric-Trimmed Front Bucket Seats
- Starting at $30,970 MSRP*
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate
- 60/40 split reclining fold-flat rear seat
- Dual zone automatic climate control system with dust and pollen filter
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with one-touch open/close
- 17-inch 5-spoke silver alloy wheels
XLE Premium Hybrid
- Starting at $33,675 MSRP*
- 18-inch multi-spoke super-chrome-finished sport alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed seats and power-adjustable driver’s seat with available two-position memory function
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Starting at $35,625 MSRP*
- Two-Tone Exterior Color with Midnight Black Metallic Roof
- SofTex®-Trimmed Heated Front Seats
- 18-inch 5-spoke black-painted sport alloy wheels and Sport-Tuned Suspension
- Integrated panoramic backup camera with dynamic gridline
- Digital rearview mirror with HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Starting at $38,225 MSRP*
- Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL®
- Height-adjustable power liftgate with jam protection
- Optional heated and ventilated perforated front seats
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $995 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra), $1,175 for SUV/Van/Small Trucks (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, Sienna, Tacoma, Venza), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2021 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.