2021 Toyota Sienna Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $35,635 MSRP*
- Toyota Hybrid System II powertrain with 243 total horsepower and up to manufacturer-estimated 36 combined MPG fuel economy**
- Available All-Wheel Drive and up to 3,500-lb towing capacity (class-exclusive hybrid AWD powertrain option)
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Optional 10-inch color Head-Up Display (HUD) with speedometer, navigation, and Hybrid System Indicator
- Dual power sliding side doors and liftgate with jam protection
- Available 1080p HD Entertainment Center with 11.6-inch display, HDMI inputs, remote, and two wireless headphones
- Optional Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan
About the Toyota Sienna
The Toyota Sienna is the minivan that the whole family can finally agree on thanks to its dynamic exterior styling, refined interior, and class-exclusive available All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system. A revised front end with more aggressive upper and lower grille openings give the Sienna its eye-catching profile. Sienna prioritizes your safety with standard Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) – a bundle of active safety features designed to protect you from the unexpected. Inviting soft-touch seating surfaces, optional premium contrast stitching, and an array of advanced tech features help make the interior of the Sienna luxurious and welcoming. With the available Premium Audio system with Dynamic Navigation, drivers can enjoy access to Yelp®, OpenTable®, Pandora®, and several other fun apps. Help eliminate boredom with the optional 1080p Entertainment Center which delivers an 11.6 inch display to keep passengers occupied as the miles fly by.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
Bolder and more brilliant than ever before, the Toyota Sienna is all-new for the 2021 model year. Now in its fourth generation, the Sienna now sports an eye-catching new look that’s inspired by Japan’s Shinkansen bullet train. Looking for SUV-like than prior generations, the new Sienna also features sport-inspired design cues to help it stand out from the ordinary. All Sienna models are now powered by a cutting-edge hybrid powertrain for increased efficiency and smooth power delivery.
Even more compelling, the redesigned interior of the Sienna offers innovative storage solutions and enhanced comfort for all members of the family. An updated suite of connectivity features and the latest collection of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 innovations help the all-new Toyota Sienna retain its position as the leader of the minivan segment.
Toyota Sienna Features
Versatile Seating Configurations
Numerous available seating configurations offered in the Toyota Sienna help you customize the interior to suit any type of adventure. Getting to the third row is effortless thanks to available Super Long Slide second row seat cushions which tip up and slide forward effortlessly. Although the Sienna offers seating for up to 8, the eighth seat stores securely inside a cubby in the cargo area for expanded cargo capacity. Optional second row captain’s chairs come equipped with adjustable ottomans and armrests for unmatched comfort on those long road trips.
Offering spacious seating for up to eight, the Toyota Sienna features a luxurious interior that provides plenty of comfort features that the whole family will enjoy. A color-screen display mounted in the center of a wide, flowing dashboard makes it simple to monitor a selection of amenities in the Sienna. Simple-to-use digital display climate controls give you the ability to adjust all three zones of climate control with ease. Available Driver Easy Speak has an integrated microphone up front that can recognize your voice and transmit it to rear-seat occupants while keeping your eyes safely on the road in front of you. A total of seven USB ports are scattered throughout all three rows of seats to keep everyone’s electronic devices charged up. Available second row captain’s chairs and leather-trimmed seating surfaces allow passengers to relax in complete comfort.
Styling and Performance
A true departure from the conventional beliefs of minivan design, the bold look of the Sienna is now more SUV-like thanks to its upright stance and chiseled character lines. Not only stylish, this unique look adds functionality with its high seating position and outstanding outward visibility. Available Yakima® accessories such as a rooftop carrier, cross bars, bike rack, and more help demonstrate the go-anywhere performance capabilities of the Toyota Sienna.
Continuing to set the standard for the modern minivan, the Toyota Sienna is powered by an advanced Toyota Hybrid System II powertrain that produces 243 total horsepower. Setting the standard for the segment, the Sienna delivers up to 36 MPG combined fuel economy** all while providing seamlessly smooth power output. Selectable EV, NORMAL, ECO, and SPORT driving modes allow drivers to further personalize their driving experience.
A standard high-resolution 9-inch touchscreen display is your gateway to multimedia and connectivity inside the Toyota Sienna. Standard Apple CarPlay® compatibility lets you bring along the power of your compatible iPhone®. Using the standard App Suite, drivers can use their favorite apps including Yelp®, Pandora®, and OpenTable®. Available Wi-Fi Connect Powered by AT&T gives you the ability to connect up to 5 devices to stay connected while on-the-go. Squeezing into a tight parking spot is easy with the available Panoramic Camera and Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan. These sophisticated cameras give you a clear view of what’s behind the Sienna, showing both your distance and projected path.
Developed to help keep you and your passengers out of harm’s way, Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) is a collection of active safety features included as standard on every Toyota Sienna model. These helpful advanced technologies include Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC). Active headrests, eight standard airbags, and 4 LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) locations provide additional support. Optional Safety Connect® gives subscribers access to Toyota’s call center for Automatic Collision Notification response, Roadside Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator services, and Emergency Assistance.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $35,635 MSRP*
- Hybrid powertrain
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- 9-inch touchscreen with Android Auto™ & Apple CarPlay® & Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Seven USB ports
- Starting at $40,925 MSRP*
- Second-row captain’s chairs with super-long-slide seats
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- Smart Key System
- Available hands-free power liftgate with jam protection
- Starting at $43,175 MSRP*
- Sport-Tuned Suspension
- Black honeycomb grille
- Driver Easy Speak
- Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation
- Hands-free dual power sliding side doors
- Starting at $47,875 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats
- Premium leather-trimmed second-row captain’s chairs with super-long-slide feature and available ottoman
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade
- Front and rear parking assist sonar
- Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® w/Clari-Fi®
- Starting at $51,075 MSRP*
- Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan and overhead 360-degree view
- 10-inch color Head-Up Display (HUD) with speedometer, navigation, and Hybrid System Indicator
- 20-inch metallic wheels
- Signature LED Headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights
- Heated steering wheel
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $995 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra), $1,175 for SUV/Van/Small Trucks (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, Sienna, Tacoma, Venza), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2021 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.