2021 Toyota Supra Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2021 Toyota Supra
- Starting at $43,985 MSRP*
- Choice of 2.0L twin-scroll single-turbo inline 4-cylinder (255 HP / 295 LB-FT of torque) or 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbocharged inline six-cylinder (382 HP / 368 LB-FT of torque), rear-wheel drive layout
- 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and Launch Control
- Available Brembo® 4-piston fixed-caliper disc brakes
- Optimized center of gravity for a 50:50 front/rear weight distribution
- Maximum 0-60 MPH Time of 3.9 Seconds / 155 MPH Top Speed
- Standard race-inspired sport seats featuring integrated head restraints, shoulder bolsters, and available Alcantara inserts
- Optional Active differential featuring an electric motor and multi-plate clutches
About the Toyota Supra
For 21 years, the United States had been without the legendary Toyota Supra. Motoring enthusiasts across the country can now celebrate, the wait is finally over. The fifth-generation GR Supra, the first global Toyota GAZOO Racing model, represents a 50+ year lineage of unique Toyota sports and GT cars. Staying true to its roots, the Supra is powered by an available turbocharged six-cylinder engine along with a rear-wheel drive layout. Instantly recognizable as a Supra, the exterior styling accentuates its short wheelbase and sophisticated chassis structure.
Once you take a seat behind the wheel, driver, car, and road become one. A striking double-bubble roof design reduces drag by shaving the roof center to reduce the projected frontal area without sacrificing occupant headroom. Bold, expressive exterior color choices include Renaissance Red 2.0 and Nitro Yellow, which emphasize the emotional connection drivers feel with a high-performance sports car.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
Following its successful return after more than two decades of hiatus, the Toyota Supra is back for 2021 with a collection of exciting revisions. Offering a lower-priced entry point to the Supra family, the all-new 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder debuts with 255 horsepower and 200-pound lower curb weight. In addition, last year’s 3.0-liter six-cylinder receives a performance enhancement that cranks the power up to 382 horsepower and 368 lb-ft of torque.
Revisions to the suspension include new lightweight aluminum braces, revised damper tuning, and new programming for various control systems. Finally, an exclusive A91 Edition will be available and limited to just 1,000 production units. These models include exclusive exterior and interior enhancements to help signify their exclusivity.
Toyota Supra Features
Inspired by the fourth-generation Supra, the front fascia of the Supra is even more expressive with a prominent central grille section flanked by large air intakes. Engineered for both the track and the street, a double-bubble roof design reduces aerodynamic drag without compromising headroom. A prominent, arching rear integrated spoiler helps to suppress aerodynamic lift at the rear while paying homage to the fourth-gen Supra Turbo. Six-lens LED headlights integrate both daytime running lamps and turn signal functions to create a distinctive lighting signature. Adding a sense of excitement to the Supra, available Phantom Matte Gray combines a matte finish and a hint of blue for a metal-like texture.
Drivers will have their choice of two potent engines beneath the hood of the Toyota Supra. The standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine delivers a balanced total of 255 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. For maximum thrills, an available 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbo six-cylinder produces 382 horsepower and 368 lb-ft of torque and comes paired to a quick-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, making the Supra the quickest Toyota-branded production vehicle to date. Its rear-wheel drive platform, low center of gravity, and perfected 50:50 weight distribution gives you the agility and confidence to attack the apex of the corner. A top speed of 155 MPH along with a 0-60 time of just 3.9 seconds proves that the Supra is infused with race-bred excitement. Drivers will have their choice of two individual driving modes — Normal and Sport. When Sport mode is engaged, you’ll enjoy sharpened throttle response, improved transmission shift crispness, and amplifying exhaust sound.
Discover a perfect balance of function and premium comfort and convenience features inside the Toyota Supra. Keyless Smart Entry, dual automatic climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirrors, rear camera, rain sensor windshield wipers, garage door opener, power folding mirrors, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel are examples of standard amenities. A low, narrow-section dash layout gives the driver expansive forward visibility. Essential for performance driving, the tachometer and shift-timing indicator enable the driver to easily focus on vital control information. An available full-color Head-Up Display projects navigation and drive data directly onto the windshield, helping to keep your eyes focused on the road ahead. A lightweight composite hatch gives you seamless access to the smartly trimmed luggage area of the Supra.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $43,985 MSRP*
- 2.0L twin-scroll single-turbo inline 4-cylinder producing 255 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque
- 18-inch cast-aluminum 10-spoke wheels with dual-tone finish
- Black Alcantara®/leather-trimmed sport seats
- 8.8-inch display screen with Supra Command
- Active Exhaust and Launch Control
- Starting at $51,985 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine producing 382 horsepower and 368 lb-ft of torque
- Active rear sport differential
- Rearview camera31 with parking aid lines
- 10-speaker HiFi sound system (205W)
- 19-inch forged-aluminum twin-spoke wheels
- Starting at $55,485 MSRP*
- Full-color Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Toyota Supra Connect
- Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
- 12-speaker JBL® HiFi Surround Sound system (500W)
- Carbon-fiber interior trim
- Starting at $56,985 MSRP*
- Black-painted satin-finish carbon-fiber duckbill rear spoiler
- Black satin-finish double-hash racing decal
- Genuine carbon-fiber auto-folding, heated outside mirror caps with memory function
- Black/Blue Alcantara® leather-trimmed heated sport seats with blue stitching
- 4-piston Brembo® front brake calipers with two-piece 348-mm vented disc rotors
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $995 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra), $1,175 for SUV/Van/Small Trucks (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, Sienna, Tacoma, Venza), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2021 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.