2020 Toyota Highlander Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $35,720 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-Liter V6 engine (295-horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque) with Direct Shift-8AT 8-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission and available Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD
- Standard Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- New TNGA-K Platform with Enhanced Driving Refinement
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Sculpted new shape with chiseled lines and a more confident stance
- Available with 7- or 8-Passenger Seating
- Optional Largest in Segment 12.3-inch Multimedia Display
About the All-New 2020 Toyota Highlander
Now entering its fourth generation, the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander returns with a bold new look along with enhanced safety, connectivity, and versatility. Back in 2001, the original Highlander redefined the family midsize SUV segment and the 2020 model continues the tradition. Its exterior combines the commanding presence of an SUV with sophisticated design details to elevate it above its competitors. A new TNGA-K Platform allows the 2020 Highlander to deliver greater capability, comfort, and safety. Drivers will have their choice of five distinct trim levels, making it simple to find the Highlander that’s best suited to your lifestyle and family. A collection of advanced connectivity and comfort options help the whole crew relax and unwind on the way to your destination. Cutting-edge driver-assistive safety features help place the Highlander among the safest vehicles in its class, providing peace of mind and confidence. If you’re searching for an SUV that the whole family can agree on, look no further than the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander.
What the Critics Say
2020 Toyota Highlander Features
Strong, athletic, and composed – the all-new Toyota Highlander returns with a look that’s bolder than ever before. Thanks to its new TNGA-K Platform featuring high-strength steel construction, the new Highlander is now stronger than its predecessor and rides smoother thanks to a front strut and rear multi-link suspension. Attention to aerodynamics influenced the new design which has resulted in reduced wind noise and greater vehicle stability. Chiseled character lines and flowing shapes strike the perfect balance between refinement and capability. At the front, dynamic LED headlights provide a striking complement to the front fascia. For the first time ever on the Toyota Highlander, drivers will be able to opt for available 20-inch alloy wheels.
Step inside the redesigned interior of the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander and you’ll find yourself surrounded by a collection of connectivity and comfort features. Offering your choice of seating for either 7 or 8 passengers, the Highlander is available with heated and ventilated front seats along with heated second-row seats for passengers. Open the optional Panoramic Moonroof to enjoy a wide-open view of the sky along with fresh air. Positioned in the center of the split-level dashboard, the stunning available 12.3-inch Multimedia Display is the largest in its class. This innovative system serves as your centralized location for standard Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa compatibility. Eliminate unnecessary clutter from cables and wires with available Qi wireless charging located in the redesigned center console along with plenty of storage spaces and USB charging ports.
For the ultimate peace of mind on the road, every 2020 Toyota Highlander comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0) — a collection of groundbreaking safety innovations. Features included in this suite are Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beam (AHB), Lane Tracing Assist (LTA), and Road Sign Assist (RSA). Additionally, every 2020 Highlander comes standard with Toyota Safety Connect and a 1-year trial subscription, helping you get assistance even when you’re miles away from home. Available on Highlander Limited and standard on Highlander Platinum, the Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan offers a live rotating 360-degree view around the vehicle.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $35,720 MSRP*
- 3.5-Liter V6 engine (295-horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque) with Direct Shift-8AT 8-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
- Auto LED headlamps with Auto High Beam
- Multimedia with 8-inch touchscreen display
- 3-zone automatic climate control
- Starting at $37,920 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- Power Liftgate
- Smart Key System
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- Starting at $40,720 MSRP*
- SofTex®-trimmed seats and door trim with heated front seats
- Power tilt and slide moon roof
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging
- Second Row Captain’s Chairs
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror with garage door opener
- Starting at $44,770 MSRP*
- Perforated leather trimmed seats in Beige, Gray, or Black with heated/ventilated front seats
- JBL® Audio System and Embedded Navigation System
- 20-inch Limited style alloy wheels
- “Highlander” projector puddle lamps
- Hand’s-free power liftgate
- Starting at $47,970 MSRP*
- Segment-leading 12.3-inch multimedia head unit
- Adaptive, self-leveling headlamps
- Panoramic moonroof
- Heated second row seats
- Embossed, perforated leather trimmed seats
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $955 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra, Yaris HB, Yaris Sedan), $1,120 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2020 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.