2019 Toyota Sequoia Review with Prices, Specs & Photos
- Starting at $50,145 MSRP*
- 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 Engine with 381 horsepower / 401 lb-ft of torque and 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
- Optional Multi-Mode 4WD with Torsen® limited-slip center differential with locking feature
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- 8-Passenger Seating with independent sliding and reclining second-row seat for all three occupants
- Available Entune™ Premium JBL Synthesis® audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite
- Optional Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ player with 9-inch display, two wireless headphones, wireless remote, and rear audio system
- Automatic three-zone front and rear climate control with air filter
About the Toyota Sequoia
Large and in charge, the commanding Toyota Sequoia offers seating for up to eight passengers, letting the whole family ride in comfort. Thanks to its standard 381-horsepower 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 engine, the Sequoia has the ability to tow up to a massive 7,400 pounds (when properly equipped). When equipped with optional Multi-Mode 4WD with a Torsen® limited-slip center differential, the Toyota Sequoia has the capability to explore where other SUVs fear to tread.
Since there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all adventure, the Sequoia makes it simple to
carry gear, family, or both. Its sliding second-row and third-row seats fold flat, making it
simple to load and unload the equipment your weekend road trip requires. Available perforated leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats are sure to please even the pickiest passengers. Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) provides you with an array of driver-assistive features to keep you out of harm’s way on the roadways.
What the Critics Say
Toyota Sequoia Features
The Toyota Sequoia is powered by a standard 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 which produces an impressive 381 horsepower along with 401 lb-ft of torque paired to a 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i). It rides on a fully-boxed frame for outstanding durability while an independent rear suspension keeps things smooth and under control. A dedicated TOW/HAUL Mode can select transmission shift points to help optimize power delivery. With a twist of a knob, the optional Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) can change between Comfort, Normal, and Sport modes to give you the ride height which you desire. The Sequoia also comes standard with an advanced Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD) which provides enhanced traction on unpredictable road surfaces such as mud or sand.
Everyone is able to ride in first class comfort inside the spacious interior of the Toyota Sequoia. Available heated and ventilated front seats and available leather-trimmed seating for all help keep passengers riding in comfort and style. The advanced Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite system is the ultimate copilot, providing you with turn-by-turn directions. Choose the available Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ player with 9-inch display and you’ll receive two wireless headphones, wireless remote, and a rear audio system to help eliminate boredom on extended commutes. At the touch of a button, the available tilt/slide power moonroof lets you fill the interior with fresh air and natural lighting. With both the second and third-row seats folded flat, the Sequoia offers a massive 120.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
Advanced Technology & Safety
Sequoia takes high tech even higher with the available Entune™ Premium Audio system with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite. You’ll have the ability to get info on weather, sports scores, fuel prices, and stock information to help plan your day. An available JBL® Premium Audio system lets you hear your music like never before. The Entune® App Suite system is the ultimate copilot, giving you turn-by-turn directions, a huge selection of music, choices, and it can even help with dinner reservations.
Designed to help protect you and your passengers from harm, every Toyota Sequoia comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) — a collection of active safety features. A Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) helps identify vehicles in your blind spot and warns you with a flashing indicator. Energy-conserving LED headlights let you see and be seen. Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Sway Warning System (SWS) is designed to detect lane departure on roads with visible lane markings.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $50,145 MSRP*
- 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 Engine with 381 horsepower / 401 lb-ft of torque
- Easy-clean fabric-trimmed seats with seating for up to 8 passengers
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
- LED high- and low-beam headlights with auto-off feature
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Starting at $52,860 MSRP*
- TRD Sport performance-tuned Bilstein® shocks
- Satin-black TRD Sport front door logos
- TRD Sport performance-tuned sway bars
- 20-inch TRD Sport black alloy wheel
- Gloss-black heated power outside mirrors
- Starting at $58,640 MSRP*
- Power liftgate with jam protection
- Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite
- Leather-trimmed and heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) and Lane Departure Alert (LDA)
- Starting at $65,855 MSRP*
- Entune™ Premium JBL Synthesis® audio with Integrated Navigation and Entune® App Suite
- Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ player with 9-inch display, two wireless headphones, wireless remote, and rear audio system
- Perforated leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats
- 20-inch diamond-cut-finish alloy wheels
- Chrome auto-dimming heated power outside mirrors with power folding function
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $930 for Cars (Yaris LB, Yaris Sedan, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1,095 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,495 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2019 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.