2024 Toyota Tundra Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Spec
- Starting at $41,815 MSRP*
- Standard i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 (348 HP / 405 LB-FT TQ for the SR, 389 HP / 479 LB-FT TQ for other trims) or available i-FORCE MAX 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 hybrid (437 HP / 583 LB-FT TQ) with 10-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission
- Up to 12,000-Pound Maximum Towing Capacity
- Choice of Double Cab and CrewMax cab configurations along with 5.5-foot bed, 6.5-foot bed or 8.1-foot bed options
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 Active Safety Suite
- Optional Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system
- Available 14-inch Audio Multimedia display and 12.3-inch TFT panel display with customizable layouts
- Optional Trailer Back Guidance with Straight Path Assist function
About the Toyota Tundra
Engineered to meet the demanding needs of full-size pickup buyers, the Toyota Tundra offers powerful performance, rugged durability, and unmatched capability to help get the toughest jobs done. Proudly assembled in San Antonio, Texas — the Tundra gives drivers a standard i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 which produces a muscular 348 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque in the SR, or 389 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque in the rest of the trim lineup. Craving more muscle? Step up to the available i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid to receive an astounding 437 horsepower and 583 lb-ft of torque. You’ll have the ability to choose from two cab configurations along with three different bed lengths, giving you plenty of possibilities to design your Tundra to match your lifestyle.
A standard aluminum-reinforced composite bed, massive front brakes, and an available towing capacity of 12,000 pounds prove that the Tundra can handle any challenge standing in your way. For those who enjoy taking the path less traveled, TRD Pro models offer unmated off-road capability, rugged 20-inch TRD wheels, and a TRD-tuned FOX® suspension. Looking for additional refinement and luxurious amenities inside your truck? You’ll find available perforated leather-trimmed seating surfaces and a variety of infotainment options to help you stay in touch inside Tundra Limited, Platinum, and 1794 Edition models. If you’re ready to take your Tundra to the next level, Germain Toyota offers suspension lifts, off-road tires, lighting kits, winches, and much more.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2024
The Tundra’s last total redesign was just a couple of years ago, so for 2024, the changes focus entirely on equipment. First off, there is an available 3-inch lift kit, right from the factory. This is available on any trim except the TRD Pro, which already has a unique lifted suspension setup. The head-up display that used to only be available as part of a package can now be ordered a la carte on either the Platinum or 1794 Edition. The Limited gets the 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster as standard equipment and a Nightshade appearance package as optional equipment. This includes a number of black exterior pieces, as well as unique matte-black 20-inch wheels. Similarly, 4×4-equipped Platinum trim Tundras get the option of the TRD Off-Road Package, which includes, among other things, 20-inch wheels with offroad tires, an offroad suspension, skip plates, Crawl Control, and special TRD interior appearance pieces like a red TRD start button and aluminum sport pedals.
Toyota Tundra Features
Whether you’ve got a long day at the job site or a relaxing weekend getaway ahead of you, count on the Toyota Tundra to deliver the performance to take you further. Power comes in the form of a muscular i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 producing either 348 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque, or 389 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque. For drivers craving maximum performance, the available i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid cranks out an astounding 437 horsepower and 583 lb-ft of torque to help you tackle the toughest tasks on your to-do list. Slippery situations are no match for the Tundra which features an available Automatic Locking Rear Differential that evenly distributes power to both the front and rear wheels. A sophisticated Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system can automatically adjust to balance on-road refinement with stability when towing heavy equipment. Equipped with the massive 13.9-inch front and 13.6-inch ventilated brake discs, the Toyota Tundra has plenty of stopping power when you need it most.
Payload & Towing
Impressive payload and towing capabilities are two additional strengths of the proven Toyota Tundra. Combining strength with enhanced on-road comfort is a multi-link rear suspension that replaces the previous generation’s leaf springs with coil springs. Thanks to improved performance, the Tundra now delivers an impressive 12,000-pound maximum towing capacity along with a 1,940-pound maximum payload capacity. This represents 17.6% and 11% improvements, respectively, compared to the previous generation. Another Tundra-first innovation is an available Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) that can automatically adjust based on the current demands. When towing, AVS is able to boost handling capabilities, stability at speed, and confidence behind the wheel. By activating the available Tow/Haul+ transmission mode, your Tundra delivers greater throttle response when towing heavy equipment like a large camping trailer or boat.
Inside the Toyota Tundra, both drivers and passengers will find the perfect space to escape the chaos of everyday life thanks to a perfect blend of luxury and ergonomics seldom found on a full-size truck. Instead of folding flat, its rear seats fold up to create a secure cargo area inside the cab for safeguarding your valuables. Get directions, listen to your favorite tunes, and access media with standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration via the Audio Multimedia system. Hitching up to your trailer has never been easier thanks to a standard integrated backup camera. On Tundra CrewMax models, a power rear vertical window is included as standard to help fill the interior with fresh air. Giving you the ultimate in luxury, the Tundra 1794 Edition comes equipped with a Western-themed interior featuring brown premium perforated leather-trimmed seats.
Regardless of your driving style, even the best of us can use a helping hand to stay safe from the unexpected on the road. This is the exact reason why every Tundra comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense™ (2.5) (TSS 2.5) — a collection of driver-assistive safety features. Technologies included are Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Automatic High Beams (AHB), Lane Departure Alert with Sway Warning System (LDA w/SWS), and a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD). The Tundra also was the first full-size pickup to offer an optional Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), highlighting its commitment to keeping occupants protected. You’ll also find 8 standard airbags inside the Toyota Tundra.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $41,815 MSRP*
- Standard i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 (348 HP / 405 LB-FT TQ)
- 8-inch Touchscreen Audio Multimedia
- Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 (TSS 2.5)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Starting at $47,350 MSRP*
- Standard i-FORCE 3.4-liter Twin-Turbo V6 (389 HP / 479 LB-FT TQ)
- Selectable driving and TOW/HAUL modes
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Starting at $53,705 MSRP*
- SofTex®-trimmed 8-way power-adjustable front seats
- 14-inch Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) and Trailer Merge Warning
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Available TRD Off-Road Package
- Starting at $63,955 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed 10-way power-adjustable front seats
- Power tilt/slide panoramic roof with power sunshade
- 12.3-inch digital meter with selectable gauge display screens
- Available Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and load-leveling rear air suspension
- 20-inch dark-gray-painted alloy wheels
Tundra 1794 Edition
- Starting at $64,310 MSRP*
- Chrome-finished grille and exterior accents
- Rich Cream or Saddle Brown interior with American walnut wood-grain trim
- Trailer Backup Guide with Straight Path Assist (SPA)
- Heated and ventilated front and rear seats
- Chrome “1794 Edition” Door Badge
Tundra TRD Pro
- Starting at $73,980
- 18-inch BBS® forged-aluminum wheels with Falken® WILDPEAK all-terrain tires
- TRD Pro off-road suspension with FOX® shocks and 1.1-inch front lift
- Heritage-inspired “TOYOTA” grille with LED light bar and marker lights
- JBL® 12-speaker Premium Audio
- Multi-Terrain Select (MTS) with Crawl Control (CRAWL) and electronically controlled locking rear differential
- Starting at $80,695 MSRP*
- i-FORCE MAX Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid (437 HP / 583LB-FT TQ)
- 22-in. dark chrome and machined-finish alloy wheels
- Two-tone white-and-black interior with dark American walnut wood-grain trim
- 10-in. color Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Semi-aniline leather-trimmed 10-way power-adjustable front seats
*Base MSRP includes manufacturer, distributor and dealer options, taxes, title and license and dealer fees and charges. Also excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling of $1,095 for Cars (Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, GR Corolla, Camry, Camry HV, Prius, Prius Prime, Toyota Crown, Mirai, GR86, GR Supra), $1,350 for Entry SUV/Small SUV (Corolla Cross, Corolla Cross HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, bZ4X), $1,395 for Mid SUV/Van (4Runner, Venza, Highlander, Highlander HV, Grand Highlander, Grand Highlander HV, Sienna), $1,495 for Small Pickup (Tacoma), $1,850 for Large Pickup/Large SUV (Tundra, Tundra HV, Sequoia). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure and may be subject to change at any time. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling.) The Delivery, Processing and Handling in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX may vary. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Dealer price will vary.
**2024 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.