2019 Toyota Avalon Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $36,420*
- Standard 3.5-Liter V6 Engine with 301-horsepower 267 lb-ft of torque paired with a Direct Shift 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Up to 22 city / 32 highway MPG fuel economy**
- SofTex®-trimmed heated seats with 8-way adjustable power front seats
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Optional Entune™ 3.0 Premium Audio with JBL® and Clari-Fi™, Dynamic Navigation, and App Suite
- Available Advanced Safety Package – Bird’s Eye View Camera, Rear Cross-Traffic Braking, and Intelligence Clearance Sonar
- Standard Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start
About the 2019 Toyota Avalon
Make the most of every mile behind the wheel of the striking all-new 2019 Toyota Avalon. Using the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, each aspect of the Avalon has been carefully constructed to increase efficiency without sacrificing on refinement. Power comes in the form of a responsive 3.5-Liter V6 which produces 301 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque for exceptional response and outstanding fuel economy. Marking the debut of its fifth generation, the Avalon continues its tradition of blending dynamic styling with luxurious comfort. Lower, longer, and wider than ever before — the Avalon offers the perfect balance of premium feel and sport-focused agility to help it stand out from the average midsize sedan. Toyota-first features offered on the Avalon include available authentic Yamaha wood and aluminum cabin accents, Dynamic Auxiliary Turn Signals, and standard Apple CarPlay smartphone integration.
What the Critics Say
Toyota Avalon Features
Once you arrive in the all-new Toyota Avalon, onlookers will immediately notice slim all-LED projector headlights up front which balance sportiness and elegance. Its aluminum hood and lightweight underpinnings work in tandem to keep weight to a minimum while an aerodynamically-enhanced front fascia allows the Avalon to achieve maximum fuel efficiency. In fact, the Avalon achieves an impressive 0.27 coefficient of drag thanks to substantial underbody panel coverage, a rear spoiler, and tangential vents at the front. Machine-finish Gloss Black alloy wheels, a piano black mesh grille, and black outer mirror housings are unique to the sport-focused XSE and Touring trim levels. Building on its legendary reputation for uncompromised comfort, the all-new Avalon delivers everything you’d expect from a flagship sedan.
Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, the premium cabin of the all-new Toyota Avalon offers drivers and passengers access to an array of amenities and ergonomic controls. Continuing its commitment to superlative luxury, you’ll also find authentic materials including Yamaha-sourced wood-trim, genuine aluminum pieces, accent arm rests, and a tech-focused instrument panel. All important controls are located conveniently within arm’s reach and are seamlessly integrated into a low-profile, flowing dashboard design with piano black accents. Innovative technologies such as Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE), Active Noise Control (ANC), and an Intake Sound Generator (ISG) work in tandem to create a serene, library-quiet interior for the ultimate in comfort.
Standard on Limited and Touring grades and available on XLE and XSE grades, a JBL performance audio system lets you hear your favorite music with brilliant clarity. A slim center stack houses a 9-inch multimedia system (MMS) displaying audio and navigation while integrating with the climate control system. Located beyond the steering wheel, a 7-inch Multi-Information Display (MID) shows vehicle information, turn-by-turn navigation, and various vehicle settings. The all-new Avalon will also feature Toyota’s first integration of smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled device connectivity, as part of Toyota Remote Connect. Lock/unlock your doors, start the engine, or check the fuel level, all from the convenience of your smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled device. Apple CarPlay smartphone integration is standard on all trim levels.
Safety & Driver Assistance
No matter what the road ahead has in store for you, you’ll be able to drive with peace of mind from the comprehensive collection of advanced safety and driver assistive features offered on the Toyota Avalon. Standard on every Avalon model is Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P). Included in this suite of safety technologies are Lane Departure Alert (LDA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), and a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD). Perfect for reversing out of a tight parking space, an available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) can detect vehicles approaching behind you on either side. Ten standard airbags surround all occupants of the Avalon for uncompromised protection in the event of a collision.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $36,420 MSRP*
- 301 Horsepower 3.5-Liter V6 with Direct Shift 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 17-inch silver-painted alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed heated front seats
- Entune™ 3.0 Audio Plus with App Suite and Apple CarPlay™connectivity
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Starting at $38,920 MSRP*
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 19-inch black-painted machined-finish alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed seats with perforation and Ultrasuede® heated front seats
- Genuine aluminum interior trim and aluminum pedal covers
- Dual exhaust with quad chrome tips
- Starting at $42,720 MSRP*
- Entune™ 3.0 Premium Audio with JBL® and Clari-Fi™, Dynamic Navigation, and App Suite
- Premium leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats
- Genuine wood interior trim
- 10-inch color Head-Up Display (HUD) with customizable settings
- 18-inch SuperChrome alloy wheels
- Starting at $43,120 MSRP*
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system
- 4-mode switch (ECO, Normal/Custom, Sport, Sport+)
- Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE) and Active Noise Control (ANC)
- LED taillights with laser-ablation design and dynamic auxiliary turn signals
- Ambient lighting for cup holders, side of console and door handles
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $920 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1,045 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,395 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2019 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.