2021 Toyota C-HR Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $22,620 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine with 144 horsepower and 139 lb ft of torque
- Sport fabric-trimmed front bucket seats with 6-way adjustability
- Dual zone automatic climate control system
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS-2.5)
- Color-keyed power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators
- 7-inch touch-screen Display Audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto
- Available Smart Key System on front doors with Push Button Start
About the Toyota C-HR
Featuring inspired driving dynamics, eye-catching style, and a confident attitude — the Toyota C-HR redefines the way you look at a compact crossover SUV. Ideally suited for drivers living in urban environments, the cabin of the C-HR offers an array of comfort and versatility options to make things easier. A collection of advanced tech options help you stay in-touch no matter how far away from home you travel. Invigorate your commute with a standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with a responsive CVT featuring a Sport Mode drive setting. The C-HR offers a city-sized solution to exploring crowded city streets and delivers impressive fuel economy on open highways. You’ll have your selection of a variety of bold, expressive exterior colors including optional R-Code paint treatment for a striking two-tone appearance.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
The smallest member of the Toyota crossover & SUV family receives a few exciting updates for the 2021 model year. All 2021 CH-R models now come standard with Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS-2.5) which includes automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-keeping assist with road-edge detection, traffic-sign recognition, automatic high-beam headlamps, and adaptive cruise control. Also, there’s a new Nightshade Edition trim level that adds black exterior styling elements for a more menacing appearance
Toyota C-HR Features
Sharp Styling & Potent Performance
Helping you stand out in a sea of ordinary, the striking appearance of the Toyota C-HR helps you make an unforgettable entrance. The sharp, angular styling of the C-HR is perfectly complemented by optional Vortex-styled 18-inch wheels. Viewed from behind, onlookers will notice a stylish cantilevered aerodynamic rear spoiler perched atop the rear hatch glass. Expressive exterior color choices include Hot Lava and Supersonic Red to help match your personality.
Much of the fun-to-drive character of the C-HR can be attributed to its standard 2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine which produces 144 horsepower and 139 lb-ft of torque using Toyota’s Valvematic technology. Enjoy manual shifting capability between 7 simulated gears from a Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S). This sophisticated transmission provides the best of both worlds with exceptional response and impressive fuel efficiency. The C-HR achieves up to 31 MPG on the highway**. Twisty back roads are no match for the MacPherson strut front suspension with SACHS dampers.
Inside the Toyota C-HR, you’ll be surrounded by a driver-focused interior layout which greets you as soon as you grab hold of its standard soft-touch, leather-trimmed steering wheel. Drivers and front passengers can each personalize their temperature preferences by using the dual zone automatic climate control system. For easy access to a massive cargo area, standard 60/40 split folding rear seats to accommodate all of your gear and supplies for your next weekend camping trip.
You can say goodbye to boredom on extended road trips thanks to a standard suite of multimedia functions such as Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® integration, Bluetooth® wireless technology, HD Radio™ Technology, USB 2.0 port, and a 7-inch touchscreen display. The available Smart Key System with Push Button Start eliminates the need to fumble around your pocket or purse in order to locate a traditional key.
Across all three trim levels of the Toyota C-HR, you’ll be protected from the unexpected thanks to standard safety technologies engineered to provide a helping hand when you need it most. Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS 2.5) delivers a host of technologies including Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), and Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC). Ten standard airbags round out this impressive list of standard safety equipment. An available Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert offers a useful assist when backing out of a parking space or changing lanes on the freeway.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $22,620 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine with 144 horsepower and 139 lb-ft of torque
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS 2.5)
- 8-inch touchscreen with integrated backup camera display
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- Sport fabric-trimmed front bucket seats
- Starting at $24,655 MSRP*
- Smart Key System on Front Doors and Rear Hatch with Push Button Start
- Vortex-styled 18-inch sporty alloy wheels
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Heated power auto-folding mirrors with turn signal and blind spot warning indicators
- Puddle lights with “Toyota C-HR” projection
C-HR Nightshade Edition
- Starting at $25,420 MSRP*
- Black vortex-styled 18-inch sport alloy wheels with black lug nuts
- Black door handles and chin spoiler
- Black interior with gunmetal trim
- Black badges
- Black roof
- Starting at $27,675 MSRP*
- LED projector beam headlights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System
- Leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats with 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Chrome window trim
- High-performance LED fog lights
- Sporty turbine-styled 18-inch alloy wheels
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $995 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra), $1,175 for SUV/Van/Small Trucks (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, Sienna, Tacoma, Venza), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2021 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.